Author Topic: DISMAL Survival Game - Alpha 0.1 - Kickstarter  (Read 8603 times)

Offline GaelRomanet

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 545
    • View Profile
Re: DISMAL Survival Game - Alpha 0.1 - Kickstarter
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 05:05:44 PM »
Dinomite, thank you for the reply, this was actually constructive!

Gael ROMANET

Creator of Dismal Survival
http://dismalsurvival.games/

Owner of D R O P P E D D E A DG A M E S Video Games Company
http://droppeddeadgames.xyz/

© 2020 All Rights Reserved.

Offline GaelRomanet

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 10:37:07 PM »
Hi there!

Just one message to share with you the progress of my Dismal Survival game.

First thing first, here the Indiegogo link to help finance the project!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dismal-survival/

Thank you in advance!

---

If the project is somehow successful (for me this would be raising a minimum of £3300), I will send 10% to Dinomite through his PayPal - I don't think no one here would do that... but I am different - (I found out his YouTube channel and I know he needs it. I don't judge him and surely I don't blame him, times are hard nowadays). I am not joking. Jesus knows what is inside my heart, even if I did messages some shit posts at times and let my human nature take over with bad replies to him. Like Jesus said, this is not the way.

---

The Game Trailer

https://youtu.be/HgiLqBGAqp8

---

What is Dismal Survival?

Dismal Survival is a first person, or third person, exploration survival video game experience designed with Unreal Engine 4. I am working on Dismal Survival project as a single developer (Excepted for the Music Compositions and Musical Ambiences). There are no zombies or cannibals - Only you, and all the threats Mother Nature can muster - You only have this Cross with you. Survive the cold, the rain, the snow, and the ocean storms. Manage your hunger, thirst and tiredness. Craft your raft and explore many islands of 16 square kilometres each. Craft your axe, your hammer, and build your shelter to survive. Start a fire to cook, to keep warm during the cold nights and winter seasons. Fish, harvest and gather resources. Dismal Survival is inspired by Subsistence, Stranded Deep, The Forest, and The Long Dark games.

---

What is the game story?

A father and his little daughter were in a terrible car accident on their way to the airport to pick up the mother. The father survived the car crash but had to be put into a deep coma following a cardiac arrest. His little daughter sadly passed away.

The islands and all the survival are all in the father head as he is in a deep coma. The dad refuses to believe that his little girl is dead and he is looking for her. Somehow, he knows she's still alive somewhere. He finally found some peace in a small abandoned church hidden somewhere on one of the islands ... a snowy mountain ... as soon as he entered the small abandoned church, he admitted that she died following the car accident and that she is now in heaven. At the same time, he finally wakes up from his deep coma and feels his little girl's hand in his. The little girl whispers to him that this is time for her to go home. The father also realises that his wife standing in front of his hospital bed is pregnant. What choice will he make? To give up and follow his little girl in heaven or to continue to survive this time in the real world ... without his little angel.

---

Here a YouTube video in French of 56 minutes that review the very first alpha build of the project for a testing and promotional video purposes.

https://youtu.be/h5Q97nilTEE

---

Game Screenshots

---

"Dismal Survival is a touching experience. Freedom, Immersion and Exploration are the key words. Get ready to be transported into a world where the Spirit and Soul are acting like Bridges with the Outside World."

---

THANK YOU!! for taking the time to read. This is very much appreciated!

Gaël ROMANET,

Creator of Dismal Survival
http://dismalsurvival.games/

Owner of D R O P P E D D E A DG A M E S Video Games Company
http://droppeddeadgames.xyz/

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 9099
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 07:33:17 AM »
If the project is somehow successful (for me this would be raising a minimum of £3300), I will send 10% to Dinomite through his PayPal - I don't think no one here would do that... but I am different - (I found out his YouTube channel and I know he needs it. I don't judge him and surely I don't blame him, times are hard nowadays). I am not joking. Jesus knows what is inside my heart, even if I did messages some shit posts at times and let my human nature take over with bad replies to him. Like Jesus said, this is not the way.
Sorry Gael, but I do not need your money. If you send it my way, I will send it right back. Thanks for kind the offer, but I do not take money from those whom I don't respect. Keep it for yourself. Good luck with the project.

The most hated person on the internet.

Offline GaelRomanet

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2020, 11:11:37 AM »
I don't think this is about respect but about ego. Anyway, the decision is up to you. Take care.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2020, 07:43:02 PM »
I don't think this is about respect but about ego. Anyway, the decision is up to you. Take care.
It has nothing to do with ego. I have no ego. I don't think anything of myself. In fact, I hate myself. But at least I'm not you. You're the one with a giant ego and fake sympathy as a way to try and act all high and mighty, you self-righteous piece of shit. I hate you and everything about you, and so do many others in this community. I do not respect you as you've done nothing to earn my respect and have instead just proven yourself to be an incredibly dumb person with too much time on their hands time and time again. I would rather die from hunger than receive a cent from you.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 08:57:49 PM by Dinomite »

Offline GaelRomanet

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2020, 12:14:30 AM »
You are so wrong. You don't know me. You have no authority to judge me. If you prefer die from hunger, then this is your choice. All the best. Bye.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2020, 06:02:02 PM »
You are so wrong. You don't know me. You have no authority to judge me. If you prefer die from hunger, then this is your choice. All the best. Bye.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal