Author Topic: Favorite weapon?  (Read 33597 times)

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Iguana
  • T:REP 232
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Favorite weapon?
« on: September 27, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »
As we know Turok has a vast array of toys to blast things with, though one of my personal favorite weapons in the game and it's exclusive to this game is the Pulse Rifle

It sounds cool it looks cool it's all around badass, one of reasons i also want multiplayer in Turok 1 is to use this bad boy against other opponents.

Of course in Turok this isn't the only gun we have all of these bad boys:
Knife
Tek Bow
Pistol
Shotgun
Auto Shotgun
Assault Rifle
Pulse Rifle
Minigun
Grenade Launcher
Alien Weapon
Quad Rocket Launcher
Particle Accelerator
Fusion Cannon
Chronoscepter

So what is your personal favorite?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 02:06:19 PM by DarkShadowRage »
I'm a gamer and a Youtuber, come check me out if you're Interested. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Favorite weapon?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 10:39:20 PM »
This is a really tough one to answer haha :) I don't know if I can choose a favorite. Pretty much all of the guns are pretty awesome imo easily one of the best weapon sets in an fps game if not the best. I know the shotgun seems so normal like in comparison to all the other guns but I think it creates a balance between them all. Plus I just have a thing for shotguns :)

While attempting to get a screenshot I was letting these guys chase me around I was trying to get a screen of him jumping lol but even the shotgun is nice.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Komenja

• Iguana
  • T:REP 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 02:45:48 AM »
I'm having a hard time choosing between the Auto Shotgun and the Fusion Cannon. You get the Auto Shotgun very early on thanks to a secret area and it remains useful for the rest of the game, especially with explosive shells. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's also the first fully automatic shotgun in an FPS. The Fusion Cannon is Turok's BFG, plain and simple. Pull trigger, everything dies. The gun looks cool and the explosion it creates is AWESOME! I'm gonna have to settle this with a coin flip.

Fusion Cannon wins!  8)

Honorable mention goes to the Grenade Launcher (I'm a sucker for things that shoot bouncing explosions) and the Tek Bow, since it's pretty much Turok's iconic weapon along with the knife. And who doesn't love exploding arrows?
"I am Turok, Son of Stone! Turok of the Kiowa-Apache! Turok, the Hunter! I won't forget these things, nor will I forget how to use my weapons: my bow... my brain... my knife! However, I'm no fool. I'll keep the gun, too."
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #0, 1995

Offline Nfsfan83

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 707
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 07:38:51 AM »
My favorite guns is normal shotgun and M134 "Minigun" also love grenade launcher :D

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 09:42:58 AM »
Grenade launcher and chronoscepter for sure the designs were sleek if guns can be that :D
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 03:13:01 PM »
I say unfair question :P not very nice to ask lol I scratched my head and pondered then realized it is trolling me. All of them are a good combo. Hey looked at your youtube and found this in there! It fits good here I thought hope its okay to post it for you.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:13:43 PM by DoomGuy »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Iguana
  • T:REP 232
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 03:13:48 PM »
haha you found my old PC version video! nice! haha
I'm a gamer and a Youtuber, come check me out if you're Interested. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 09:45:22 AM »
The most iconic one is the chronoscepter I think this might be my favorite also. I mean you actually have to collect the pieces that are extremely wide spread in this game just to use it. But I am in the same boat its really hard to decide not to mention there is so many. Most fps games of this time had the 1-0 keys as weapons Turok however has 1-backspace! The Tekbow I always liked I mean they give you alternate ammo and that was always pretty cool. Really though the variety is crazy in this game.

I AM ADON

Offline Xeno Kai

• Iguana
  • T:REP 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
Particle Accelerator ! The dying animations are awesome

Offline Lizard Tail

• Iguana
  • T:REP -2
    • View Profile